#FIGHTALSRUN fast facts
4 Steps to join
1. Join our club #FightALS.run on Strava hereYour kilometers will automatically count when you join our club. If you don’t have a Strava account yet, you can create one here.
2. Follow us & MAKE US KNOWNFollow us on Facebook & Instagram, invite your family, friends, work colleagues & acquaintances to #FightALSrun, text them on Whatsapp.
3. Donate & make a difference
Make a difference and help with your donation to reach our common goal of advancing ALS research so we can beat ALS!
4. Run kilometers during our challengesBe ready to give your all during the challenges and try to collect as many kilometers as possible. Feel free to share your successes with the community on Facebook & Instagram using the hashtag #FightALSrun & use the #FightALSrun Facebook profile picture frame.
FightALS.run is a fundraising initiative to support ALS research.
We want to run around the world together at least once, collect donations from our sponsors and motivate every runner to donate. The kilometers can be donated via smartwatch or phone via Strava or manual upload.
You are not a runner? You run with us and want to support #FightALSrun beyond that? No problem, there are many ways to support us! You can support us financially (link to donation), but you can also help in other ways:
- Share our mission on all social platforms, like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter & spread messages on Whatsapp.
- Tell your family, friends & colleagues about #FightALSrun.
- Ask your employer to support #FightALSrun.
- Use our Facebook profile picture Frame
In general, registration is free of charge. However, we are happy to receive a voluntary donation as part of the registration via PayPal or bank transfer. For small donations up to 200€ a bank statement is sufficient for the tax office. For larger donations you will receive a donation receipt from FaceALS, our donation partner. Please contact them directly to receive your donation receipt. More details
The donations go to our partner, the FaceALS Foundation.
Together we want to raise at least 50,000 €.
The donations go to our partner, the faceALS Foundation. The faceALS Foundation emerged from the faceALS initiative, which was established in 2012; the initiators were Dr. Heiko Ott and Prof. Christian Schreiber, Dr. Heiko Ott and Karl-Heinz Zacher. The reason for their immense commitment to research ALS, were the ALS diseases of Nina Zacher and Prof. Schreiber. Until her death in May 2016, Nina Zacher contributed with many appearances on TV and radio to keep ALS in the awareness of the public. In the meantime, the faceALS Foundation is the world's only self-operating foundation in the field of research on amyotrophic lateral sclerosis. The faceALS Foundation has its own laboratories and scientific staff from various disciplines. With 2018, the faceALS Foundation was able to initiate the multicenter clinical study "Detection of ALS-specific toponomes", which should finally enable firm diagnosis of ALS, participants are well-known ALS outpatient clinics from Munich and Ulm.
Since the beginning of 2020, the faceALS Foundation has been planning a monocentric "Proof-of-Concept" study, which is to establish an effective therapy for ALS; the aim is to intervene in the immune system in a modulating way; a so-called "Compassionate Use" has provided very promising data in advance.
The consortium formed by Karl-Heinz Zacher, which consists of partners from science, neurology, transfusion medicine, laboratory diagnostics and technology companies, should enable the rapid implementation of the therapy study.
We use Strava as a tracking app, but you can track your miles however you want. Feel free to use your favorite app.
If you are using Strava, all you need to do is become a member of the FightALS.run Strava Club and we will automatically track your kilometers.
If you are not using Strava, think about creating an account, you can really include all your favorite apps or use the following form to upload your data manually.
You can find the Facebook frame after you follow FightALS.run on Facebook via your profile picture settings or activate it via this link and show the whole world that you are part of a great cause! THANK YOU!
Contact us and we will be happy to provide you with our sponsorship program. To contact form